Our Sweet Baby

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, July 16, 2012

     In the past 1 year and 38 days I have went on a first date with the love of my life, graduated college, got married, started a teaching career, and am now pregnant with my first child! Wow! It has been one crazy overwhelming year.  So now I'm going to share my journey so that all of my family and friends and anyone else out there can keep in the loop. :)  I go to my first doctors appointment on Wednesday, in two days!  I am really really nervous. 
     I have been diagnosed with Uterine Didelphys, which basically means I have two uteruses, or as my sister refers to them my uteri. I also have two cervixes.  My uteruses are slightly smaller than the average uterus so I have an enhanced risk for pre-term labor.  I wanted to create this blog partially for those out there going through this same kind of thing. When I was diagnosed I was terrified I wouldn't be able to have a baby, and now that this unexpected little miracle has been conceived, I am incredibly nervous. 
      In terms of anyone with a regular pregnancy there are soo many things you can't do!  I never even imagined.  My little miracle was unexpected, but I am sooo incredibly excited, and terrified of doing something to mess it up.  Here is a  list of the following things I had no idea you couldn't do or eat while pregnant:

1. Eat deli meat.  Goodbye Subway. :(
2. Eat queso from Mexican restaurants.  Goodbye El Parian. :(
3. Drink Caffeine.  Okay technically you can do this in small amounts, but I'm not taking any chances.
4.  Take long hot showers, or baths.  eek!
5. Sit a computer on your lap... again not proven... but no risks.
6. Have unprotected sex--- okay this just applies to those of us with Uterine Didelphys, but still! Isn't that suppose to be one of the positives of pregnancy?


     But none of that matters. Not even a little bit.  Because this little baby in my tummy has become my whole life and heart already.  Everything I do for the rest of my life will be for my baby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment